Sunday 21 July 2013

Keep calm and carry on......

Summer is kind of an odd time for me - its the time of the anniversary of my surgery so that means annual mammogram time, then not too much later its the anniversary of my husbands passing as well as our wedding anniversary and unfortunately my Birthday.

I have had my second all clear this July but can't help wishing I could look forward to the summer with misty optimism instead of approaching it holding my breath and gritting my teeth against the barrage of emotions I have to deal with.

The further I get away from diagnosis and the end of my treatment the more relief I feel, and this time when I got the all clear I did manage to raise a smile.....

The truth is a lot has been going on the last couple of months - I have started working full time again after being out of the rat race for 4 years, and believe me it has been a shock to the system to say the very least.  I have also moved in with my chap and away from my Mom and Dad and my cats who I miss very, very much.
I guess its been a rather stressful time as it feels like the ending of one rather painful chapter of my life and the start of a new one.  Although there are remnants from this painful time that will influence the new story, I am determined not to let it rule me.  I think that's the beauty of free will, we can all choose how anything that happens to us affects us and how we react and deal with it.  I choose happiness, I choose moving forward, I choose to strive to achieve the things I want to do in my life. 

What do you choose?

3 comments:

  1. You have been so brave through all of this. I am proud to call you my friend. Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my 1st all clear this month. I have fought breast cancer so hard and continue to do so for fear of it returning that I fight against everything and anyone unjust. Choose a happy peaceful life. Dont choose stress as it effects your decisions, badly in my case. Deal with your stresses including breast cancer, as being strong and putting on a brave face only makes you collapse at a later date when everyone has gone and they think you are well. I choose the here and now and live life for every moment without regret. Having cancer has made me change my life and in many ways for the better. Shame that the change happened a bit late & im 42 but im 18 in my head. Here's to catching up and enjoying life. Never forget, you have fought the biggest battle of your life, any other fear can be overcome. It really can. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Zoe, I was actually just checking out a few of your posts and had quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks so much.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete