Saturday 10 September 2011

A Love Letter to Facebook and Twitter

So, there are many people out there who don't like Facebook and Twitter, I must disagree.  You see for me both of these forms of social interaction have been invaluable over the past couple of years.  For me I do know the majority of people on my Facebook, either from school, work and life in general and I like the fact that I can catch up with them and see how peoples lives are going.

For me personally after my husband died these were the only ways I wanted to interact with anyone for a good while, and to be fair if I had not have had that outlet who knows how I would have coped.  It was nice to know that people were thinking of me in a time of such complete devastation in my life and to anyone who posted a comment or sent a hug/heart/smile or personal message, I thank you.

Now unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worst again and due to feeling ill and not getting out much I find myself drawn to this kind of interaction, and again, those who know me and are amazing people have been there and I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate you all - for making me laugh, cry and feel more hopeful about the future.  For the crap jokes (you know who you are) and the social commentary and the dodgy drunken pictures.

It is always lovely to see people in person but when you can't I think that Facebook and Twitter have helped fill a void especially for me, it has certainly helped me to remember how fantastic people can be and how they are always willing to help...............even when you haven't seen them in 15 years ;-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment